Thursday, September 13, 2007

Miss Emily Responds


Dear Friend in NH,
You raise a very good point. I have studied and practiced for three months now to pass the German driver's test. Tomorrow, I have my written exam at 9 a.m. and then the road test at 10 a.m. I am a little bit nervous though, the traffic is much faster than in the Granite State. They do not have moose though - you know those big, green, slimy animals that run around on the streets near Mount D.C.
On that same topic, I can reassure My Friend in MD: Stroller and Autobahn are not mutually exclusive, as you can see on the picture, my stroller (courtesy of my cousin A.) is almost as big as the thing they call car here in Old Europe.

As far as the question from my friend in NV is concerned: I do a lot of business here, but I am not sure people would call it a business trip.

I will respond to the other questions from my friend in MD later this week. I am quite hungry now.

Emily im Ländle

Liebe Freundin in der Grafschaft Neu Schinkenp,
ich bin schon ganz aufgeregt, weil ich morgen meine Führerscheinprüfung habe. Seit drei Monaten lerne und übe ich - der Verkehr ist hier deutlich schneller als im Granitstaat. Andereseits gibt es wenigstens keine Moose - diese grünen schleimigen Tiere, die auf den Straßen um Mount Washington herumrennen.
Meine Freundin in Marie-Land kann ich beruhigen: Kinderwagen und Autobahn schließen sich in einem Land, in dem Kinderwägen fast so groß wie Autos sind, nicht aus.

Mehr Fragen beantworte ich im Laufe der Woche, bis dahin verbleibe ich

Eure Emily im Ländle

2 comments:

Johannes Schuetzner said...

Hallo Emily,

du hast ja einen sehr schönen Kinderwagen. Hast du den bei Hertz ausgeliehen oder bei KLM im Handgepäck eingecheckt?

Johannes

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

Greetings from Portsmouth! You speak very good English and German for such a young girl. What language will you master next?

Also, do you have to drag the stroller behind the car as you ride?

Rachael